Monday 29 October 2012

Halloween Colours – Orange or Black?


Until last year I always said that there was only one day in the year when I would wear black - 31st October!

OK, so I know some of you hate it, but I adore Halloween and always dress up the house with spooky cobwebs, ghosts and witches galore. Yes, I do go out trick or treating with the kids!  So last year it was out with the black lace, high black boots, hat and raven curls, lots of black eyeliner and a dramatic carmine lipstick.

But alas, no glamorous witch awaited me in the mirror, just an incredibly raddled old crone!  I was so shocked. Then I realised; this is the magic of colour.

I am used to my Spring colours making me appear ten years younger, but hadn’t realised that the Winter colours of Halloween would make me look fifteen years older. What’s more, those fifteen years have not been kind ones!

So, this year the witch has been relegated to the back of the fancy dress cupboard.  Dramatic witch be blowed; I’m going as a cute and pretty pumpkin in my double-star tangerine!


 

 

 

No comments: