Friday 14 December 2012

Choosing the Perfect Party Dress




It’s that time of year again to get the Christmas party outfit. Worried about what to wear? Do what I do and take inspiration from the pantomime!



Sounds unusual? Well when you have your Personal Style done at House of Colour they associate your clothing personality with a pantomime character. If you haven’t done your Personal Style Day yet, think back to your childhood and the character you liked to play when you raided the dressing up box. Although the characters of the pantomime are extreme, their attributes can help you understand your clothing personality.


Fairy Godmother from Wizard of Oz
I’m a Romantic and my pantomime character is the fairy godmother. Think the glamorous, glitzy saviour of the princess with a soft side (but if you’ve ever seen Shrek 2 you know some fairy godmothers can be moody too!) 


The fairy godmother knows grown up glamour so that’s what I look for in my Christmas party outfit.  Now I’m not intending to go to my Christmas party with wings and a wand, but I can take inspiration from the embellishments, lace and the sumptuous fabrics for my own outfit.


With that in mind I know the dress I choose will be perfect for my clothing personality and will make sure I sparkle for Christmas.


7Y34PZQKA7NR

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I had my style 'done' a few years back and obviously missed out on the pantomime character!! What goes with a natural ingenue?!

House of Colour said...

Cartoon, mythical or pantomime characters can all provide the 'model'.

Titania is the closest we've come up with, although not knowing you, she may not be a perfect match. It could be incorporating elements of the cowgirl with more delicate, feminine touches or a more relaxed Cinderella/Snow White outfit, a looser fit with more flow and movement?

Unknown said...

Thanks Jackie. I've only just found your reply in some social media tab on gmail so sorry about the delay. Definitely like the idea of cowgirl meets Snow White! I usually do a more fitted top half with a defined waist and a more flowing bottom half. Anything which might be described as a shift dress is definitely not on my radar!

House of Colour said...

Excellent! Pleased to be of service! Do send me a photo of it when you find it!