Friday 24 May 2013

Do you match your dog?


It’s a joke, isn’t it, that owners grow to look like their dogs? In fact, I often say that I’d like to adopt a retired greyhound because, hey – I’m hoping!  But like all clichés there is more than a grain of truth in there somewhere.   

Every Monday afternoon I see a woman walking her Doberman. Now, there’s a match – especially when she’s in her black leather coat and knee-boots. A very pretty (honey blonde) I know has a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  Well, of course she does.  Now moving onto another friend who keeps Old English Bulldogs – obviously I assumed that here was the exception to the rule: then I met her husband!  So here’s a thought; maybe, if your dog doesn’t match you, does he or she match your ideal mate?

What a novel idea for the dating scene. You already know that dog-walking is a great way to meet people, but now you’re going to be looking at the single men you meet (and their dogs) in a whole new way.

And, looking at my husband, I need to adopt a Smooth Haired Fox Terrier, not a greyhound. Oh well….

No comments: