Friday 21 February 2014

Spring/Summer 2014 Fashion Update



Elie Tahari
The House of Colour Fashion Update for Spring/Summer 2014 has just been launched and it is one of my highlights of the year. After completing my Colour and Personal Style classes, I feel confident on how to use this information, however I want to keep my look current, so the fashion update is a great way of adding contemporary trends to my wardrobe to update my style.


I don’t bother with fashion magazines anymore as they all tell you that everyone can wear all the trends, but if I try an asymmetric biker jacket with lots of zips and buckles, it wouldn’t suit my Romantic Classic style (not enough sparkles!)


That’s why I love the Fashion Update. It shows the on trend looks that will work for my Clothing Personality so eliminates the risk of buying into a trend that won’t work for me. I love looking through the fashion images and looks, and drawing inspiration from the different sections in the fashion update. I love the mood board page that includes visual images and key words for each look and the key details and accessories which provide great ideas to refresh my wardrobe. 


Skirt by Oasis
Tanya Taylor
Of course this doesn’t always mean going out shopping for a new look each time. When I get my copy, the first thing I do is a mini wardrobe review to see what I already have. One of the looks I can do this season is Carnival which is all about colourful prints and patterns and gorgeous fitted silhouettes to create a Rio vibe. Currently in my wardrobe I have this pencil skirt from Oasis that I purchased last year. The tropical print of this skirt will work perfectly for this trend and this season I will update it by teaming it with a bright Raspberry or Magenta top to add a bright colour, and an on trend statement necklace (sparkly of course) for my interpretation of the Carnival look.


When you get your copy of the fashion update, now available from your consultant, try looking through your wardrobe first before you hit the shops. If you have been following your colour and style advice, you may be surprised to find pieces you already own that will work with the new trends for this season to give you an instant style update.

No comments: