Monday 21 October 2013

Wearing Colour Trends



When I had my colours analysed 3 years ago, I left the session both excited and with renewed confidence having discovered the palette of colours that suited my natural complexion. Click here for more information about the colour analysis process


I certainly enjoyed shopping for my ‘star’ colours and wearing my new wardrobe for a while but what do to, six months or a year after I’d first had my colours analysed, when I wanted to update my wardrobe?  There are only so many damson or royal blue pieces I can wear!


I love fashion and looking current and on trend is important to me.  Each new fashion season sees a dominant colour palette take the title of the ‘must have’ trend colour and although I do feel slightly resentful when the ‘it’ colour is orange (I’m a Winter), we can all adapt certain colour trends to suit our season. 


This season it’s all about Pastels, featured everywhere in fashion publications.  It’s all about introducing pretty pastels such as peachy rose tones, soft forget-me-not blues and baby pinks, even leafy greens and pale lemon yellow, which are all key for this season’s more feminine looks.


At first I  was sure this would be another colour trend I couldn’t invest in as I need cool, bright colours to create contrast, however when I looked through my colour wallet I realised I could do it as long as I remembered my ‘rules’ for wearing colour. I would recommend that you consult your wallet each season to see how to make the ‘on trend’ colour work for you, ensuring your wardrobe stays current and on trend.

It’s easy for all seasons to update their look with a few pastel shades. Here are a few suggestions for each season:


 

Winters – Look out for Ice Aqua and Ice Blue. Team with a strong neutral such as black or navy to give you the contrast you need.

Springs – Mint Green looks amazing this season, team with a brighter colour such as Geranium Red to ensure your vibrancy.

Autumns – Look out for lemon yellows for extra zing. Textured finishes such as lace or brushed wools will ensure you are bang on trend.

Summers –Look out for this season’s key colour trend, Dusty Pink, especially in outerwear and a lot of other soft, muted tones such as Powder Blue will work well for you, especially when worn together.

Generally, look out for Winter Pastels in soft tailoring, knitwear, especially with brushed or textured finishes, and outerwear. 

Find out what colours work for your season with our free Autumn/Winter 2013-14 colour guide

No comments: