Thursday 30 January 2014

New Skills in Time Management

Arriving in London one Friday in October, as it was raining, cold and windy I realised that I had to get a taxi rather than my intended ‘healthier’ option of walking the mile from King’s Cross station.  I’d also forgotten about an important job but managed to cram it in 30 minutes before the course started!  Heading back to my hotel later it was dark, windy and drizzling and the Gray’s Inn Road was gridlocked!  

The course?  180 Degree Time Management, delivered by Tanya Dotson of Synergy People; I couldn't have created a more perfect analogy! 

I’ve recently posted about clutter clearing my office and how this crossed over into clutter clearing other areas of my life…. but how do I clutter clear my head, I’ve got so many things to juggle as a housewife, mother, Image Consultant, Director? 

There are many solutions available on the market, coaches and trainers abound and without doubt they all have something to offer.   The course marketing material talked about hangover habits from University, which made me sit up and listen.  I’d trained myself to leave things until the last minute, cram and work to the pressure of deadlines, no doubt getting an adrenaline hit along the way!  So 180 Degree Time Management was about identifying the WAY I work then turning it around to use my habits to support me more effectively.  A different approach…. no-one has ever trained me in this.   Tanya’s next course  will be held in London on 28th February and 1st March.


If you’re well organised but want to learn how to use your Microsoft Office tools better, to be more efficient and effective, why not try the Training Surgery.  As well as providing traditional classroom style training and a ‘surgery’ format, this organisation has also created an online learning platform called myolli – which allows you to take control of your learning.  You can do it in your own time, at your own pace.  By learning simple ways of using Microsoft Office more effectively, learners will gain back the time that they spend wondering how to do things and the time they spend when things don’t quite work as they wish.

Back in London, I emerged from the hotel ready for day 2, having chosen to spend several hours that night restructuring my diary and inbox (the magic ‘below 10’ was achieved J) I was met by clear roads, quiet (calm) streets, blue skies and sunshine…. There is hope!

No comments: