Wednesday 5 June 2013

The Power of Fear – why would you not want to?


There are many people who recognise in life that we are motivated by love or fear, in some ways this could be seen as being motivated towards or away from something.

I love the colour and style element of my job, it is so liberating to be able to wear colours that make me look healthy, vibrant, confident, young, awake, fresh and styles that flatter my figure, respecting my personality.

It’s been a bit of a joke amongst my friends who are clients – ‘better wear your right colours, Jackie’s coming’ or ‘if I’d known you were here I’d have worn something different’.

While I totally understand the comments, after all who doesn’t tidy up their home when visitors arrive, wear your best suit (outfit for an interview) – what a shame it is the fear of my reaction which has motivated the comment.

I’ve often said to clients ‘I’m not here to tell you what you can or can’t do, rather to show you what works, what flatters you and enhances your appearance.'  Knowing this, why would you not want to?

 

 

 

1 comment:

Mary Blackhurst Hill said...

Ah Ha! I'm known as the lipstick police! Most times I don't mind that: it's normally said with affection, but occasionally it hits a raw nerve. After all, we don't drive at 30 mph through a built up area only when there's a police car on our tail - or do we?